Maricopa County's Wellness Works program supports and encourages a healthy workforce by providing programs and resources to help employees maintain or improve their health.
Employee Benefits and Wellness Division
Wellness Portal Opens a New Window.
Did you know?
Positive connections with friends and family can benefit your health and well-being. People who engage in meaningful relationships with others tend to experience improved moods, a greater sense of purpose, and helpful support during times of stress.
Check out the Quick Tips below for healthy tips around family gatherings and cultivating friendships.
- Celebrations and gatherings are often a great time to enjoy your favorite, tasty foods with friends and loved ones. Consider ways to include a variety of foods at your next gathering! »
- Being able to express both positive and negative feelings and solve problems together are important for families. It's never too late to learn about improving your family communication skills! »
- It can be challenging to ensure your family eats a variety of nutritious foods. While quality of food is important, it can also be helpful to consider ways to reduce stress around meals and get everyone involved. »
- Boundaries are important in any relationship, from friendship or romance to family relationships. Communication is key when it comes to setting boundaries. »
Gain some insight about building and maintaining strong friendships:
You can connect with coworkers, friends, and family on the Wellness Portal. »
Invite up to 10 outside friends and family members to join you in Destination Challenges, help with accountability, and have some fun!
Find instructions on how to add outside friends and family here. »
How to Earn Your Wellness Reward
Enrolled in a County medical plan? Reward yourself physically and financially and complete the activities to earn the Wellness Reward of $30/paycheck!
Watch this webinar to learn how to navigate the Wellness Portal and what healthy activities you need to complete to earn your reward.
Your Wellness Portal is where you’ll go to elevate your health and wellness and earn your Wellness Reward of $60/month! Register here Version OptionsWellness WorksGetting quality sleep is critically important to your health. Lack of sleep not only makes you tired, but can affect your mood, hormones, weight, memory, and overall ability to recover.Headline New Wellness Portal! Wellness Portal! Wellness Portal! Wellness Portal! Wellness Portal! Wellness Portal!. Call 866-941-2143 with questions.
The activities required to earn your Wellness Reward include completing a Health Check Survey (health assessment), and two “Your Choice” activities.
REGULAR PROGRAMMING INCLUDES:
- LA Fitness memberships at reduced rates for County employees and their families
- Onsite Fitness Centers with free memberships at various County locations
- Weight Watchers at Work reimbursement for employees who meet program requirements
- Wellness campaigns offered throughout the year (Bike to Work Day, Fitness Walk, etc.)
- A Wellness Incentive Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. ($30.00/pay period) to help employees reduce the cost of their medical premium
Detailed information about these programs can be found on the County’s Intranet, (MyMC) on the Wellness Works page Opens a New Window. .