Customer Service - 602-506-3301; email@example.com
- Our Call Center is available during working hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The main number is 602-506-3301. You can also leave us a voicemail and we will return your call the next business day*.
- Email us at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted the same day or the next business day*.
- Please have a parcel number, permit tracking number or address ready.
- Your question or concern will be routed to staff through a messaging system. Typically, you will receive a phone call or email within 24 hours*.
* Please note that a response may take longer if we need to refer your question or concern to another area in the Department. Many items have specific timeframes that require more than one business day to complete.
- At our reception desk, we greet you and send you to the service you need. Please help us by having your parcel number or permit tracking number.
- We have printed forms for you to fill out or take with you.
- We monitor all the queues for our lobby services to be sure that you are served in as timely a manner as possible.
- Our Intake reviewers will review your submittal documents to see if they meet the minimal submittal requirements as laid out in our checklists and application packets.
- All online submittals are also reviewed for intake by this group. In the initial phase of applying online, you may be contacted by an Intake reviewer to request additional documents, clarification or revisions before your submittal is actually accepted for plan review.
- If your project meets the criteria for the Fast Track Program (PDF), you may be able to receive your permit the same day you submit. This program is for in office submittals only.
- Our Distribution staff are responsible for routing your submittal to all the regulatory agencies within the One Stop Shop.
- They route new submittals, revisions, modifications and addendums for in office submittals.
- Planning and Development is the addressing authority for unincorporated Maricopa County. This means that we assign all addresses that are not within the jurisdiction of a city or town.
- The Addressing group verifies all addresses for permits and assigns new addresses for new construction during the plan review phase of the permitting process.
- Quality Control (QC) has two functions - to send out requests for revisions and to approve permits.
- In QC, your permit is reviewed for all agencies' entries to determine if the permit is ready for approval or needs revisions.
- If revisions are needed, the primary contact on the permit will receive an email with a link to the PDF of all reviewer comments. However, anyone can access comments through our Draft Review portal.
- Online submittals are accessed through the online software. Once the email notification is received, the approved plans and Issued permit will be uploaded to the Approved Documents folder.
- For paper submittals, once you have received notification that your permit has been approved you are free to come to the office to pick up your permit and approved plans.
- Our receptionist will send you to the cashier if you have any remaining fees while the Distribution staff prepares the issued or reissued permit and your approved documents.
- We can also assist you in scheduling inspections once the permit is in Issued or Reissued status.
Planning and Development office building
501 N 44th Street, Suite 200 Phoenix, AZ 85008